Anchor Scope and Chain Length Calculator
Enter two fields and press calculate
How to Use the Calculator
Step 1: Enter Two Values Only
- The “Length of Chain” is in shackles. 1 shackle = 27.432 meters.
- Anchor Scope is the ratio between the length of chain and water depth.
- The “Water Depth is the depth of the water in meters.
Step 2: Click Calculate
- Click the “Calculate” button to determine the missing value.
- The calculator will automatically calculate the missing value based on the entered information.
- If you input a water depth of 25 meters and a scope of 7, the calculator will determine the length of chain to be 6.38 shackles
- Enter any two fields, and the calculator will compute the third.
- The answers are precise and you can round it off to the nearest numbers.
- Press “Calculate” after entering or modifying any value.
We love to hear your suggestions!
Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve this nautical calculator? Let us know by sending us an email using our email address. We appreciate your input! And feel free to share this tool with your friends and colleagues who might find it helpful.